Sunday, December 20, 2009

"The Killer Inside Me"


This paperback copy of "The Killer Inside Me" by Jim Thompson is a true first edition, having been released as a paperback before it was released in any other form. The book is pretty rare and pricey but for good reason. I'm not a big mystery reader, so I have little to compare it with, but I was impressed with the writing, the story, and particularly the construction of the main character. I've read a few of his other books, but thought "Killer" surpassed those as well. I predict that Thompson and "Killer" will become much more popular in the mainstream once the movie is released in 2010. I'm not sure what I think of Casey Affleck as Lou Ford, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Jim Thompson fan and have read The Getaway, The Grifters, and After Dark, my Sweet (probably my fave, and the flick quite cool as well). Need to read this one. Intense violent, sexy existentialist noir--reading JT about the most fun you can have with your clothes on. :-]

    A first edition JT would be quite a find. I'd recommend hanging on to it until you get some filthy rich playboy (or playgirl) who will stop at nothing to get it.........

    ReplyDelete