Saturday, September 19, 2009

Tintype of Merchant


My father found this tintype of a merchant in an antique store in Grand Forks, ND. At the time, my fiancee and I (who are both photography collectors) lived there and never found a single thing at the one antique store in town. Generously, my father decided to give us this photograph as a gift, having seen us admire it over and over again. It really is a nice piece. It isn't often that you see tintypes with themes such as this. I love the clarity of the image and the props the man is posed with.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. A themed tintype. Neato. I wish I was still collecting. It's hard to keep them nice and display them with a million kids running around wanting to touch etc..etc...
    Maybe it will be my later in life hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any children to worry about. Just 10 rats in a cage and a housecat! ; - ) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a really nice occupational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I have dear old dad to thank for this one ; - )

    ReplyDelete