Saturday, May 8, 2010

"Automatic Regulator" Victorian Trade Card Featuring Rat



One of the sub-genres of my collecting involves rats. I have a brood of 9 pet rats who reside in a 5-foot tall rat manor. I couldn't be happier to have these curious little buggers as pets. People who don't own rats usually aren't familiar with their docile demeanor, curious personalities, and overall friendliness to humans. Anyway, I saw this Victorian trade card at an antique show and picked it up, because it shows a rat riding a frog.

Overall, I haven't been able to find very many collectibles with rats so if anyone out there comes across something cool, let me know. I'm especially interested in antique books about rats and rat-catching. I have a great rat catching book in this blog's archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment