Sunday, October 4, 2009

At Last....RODENT MUTATION!


"Rodent Mutation" is my favorite of the Badger Books series for a few reasons. As the proud owner of 10 pet rats, the idea of giant rats....well...I kinda like it. Maybe I wouldn't feel that way if they were feral...but still...I get a little gooey inside thinking about it. And to make things even more fun (and super cheesy), the back cover lets us know that the mutation isn't just gigantism. No, no, no! There's so much more to it than that. Did you know these giant rats can teleport? Nothing can contain the rodent menace, because they'll just teleport out of their cages. This totally needs to be made into a movie. BUT, I demand these use large people in rodent costumes and not CGI. It's gotta be old school like that.

P.S. I realize that the rodents featured on the cover are beavers. Yep, giant beavers. However, the back cover explicitly tells us that rats and beavers both turned into teleporting giants and the title itself does say "rodent" mutation, not "beaver" mutation.

7 comments:

  1. Giant Beavers! Few things scarier. Rodent-exploit entertains--like those masterpieces, Willard and Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm going to be mastered by an animal, it may as well be my country's national symbol. Just think of the massive dams giant mutant beavers could build.

    But, why, I wonder, stop with rats and beavers? What about the other members of the rodent family? I, for one, find the thought of giant mutant squirrels quite terrifying. Flying ones, doubly so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...flying squirrels would be terrifying if evil-minded but also quite cute. At a local nature preserve, I've had the garden variety squirrel jump onto my lap to take a peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all know that Giant Beavers are just a reason to claim that mean are 'small' - down 'there'.

    ReplyDelete